Best Cordless Nail Guns – Are you the one who wants to achieve a clean and efficient framing as quickly as possible? Do you like to frame various styles and structures with the wood but aren’t able to do so? In some scenarios, you have the product but it’s not portable?
Then worry no more, an era has begun of the Nailing Guns and to make it much more efficient, developing brands are willing to make cordless framing nail guns even more now more than ever.
Cordless nail guns are one of the most useful and handy tools ever made in the modern era in order to help you in a construction job. Being a cordless nail gun, reaching tough and congested places can super easy and hassle-free.
As such it gives you a sense of feeling of being completely free and can roam here and there without getting restricted by the long or short cords. Though the cordless nailer can seem like the best option but it has some of the drawbacks too.
To cite one such, the cordless nailer works with the help of batteries, thus making it a bit heavy than its other counterparts. Due to this extended weight, the usage of a Nail gun can be a tiring task to do.
Now let us just discuss the list of best cordless finish nailers in the market and can ergo make your living quite peaceful.
Best Cordless Brad Nailer
1. DEWALT 20V MAX Cordless Brad Nailer Kit, 18GA (DCN680D1)
- Drives up to 1700 nails per charge
- No compressors, hoses or pricey gas cartridges required. Cordless design offers both convenience and superior performance.
- Convenient adjustment dial regulates air pressure for optimum results.
- Low-nail indicator to quickly and easily see when it is time to reload
- Includes: 18-V ONE AirStrike 18-Gauge Cordless Brad Nailer, Battery sold separately
The Dewalt DCN680 is an 18 gauge brad nailer that can use ⅝” to 2-⅛” nails, making it an ideal 18 gauge brad nailer. Due to such range and variety, the DCN680 has become an excellent choice in order to fasten decorative molding, kitchen crown, casing, and shoe molding as well.
The Dewalt 20V Max cordless is a brushless motor and is backed with the Lithium-Ion battery, thus becoming a great alternative to the usage of gas, compressor and hose.
It can tackle all kinds of jobs, whether it be small or large, the product can drive through them like a piece of cake with the help of the pneumatic tool and the freedom of being cordless.
- The Product is 100% battery-powered in nature. Thus, no more need to find gas, hose and compressor
- It is compatible with the vast range of DeWalt 20v max batteries
- A unique one of a kind multi-functional LED light to assist you for a good and perfect job
- For sequential or contact actuation mode, a tool-free selectable trigger is added
- Low nail lockout for the prevention of dry firing and unwanted marks
- Lightweight and user-friendly
- Value for money
- Safe features
- Nails jamming issue if not used properly
2. Ryobi P320 Airstrike 18 Volt One:
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Freedom from cumbersome air hose and compressor saves time in setup, during applications and in jobsite clean up
- Selective actuation switch transitions between sequential mode and bump fire mode
- Tool less depth of drive adjustment for flush drives into various materials
- Brushless motor for longer run time, less maintenance and increased durability
The Ryobi P320 brad nailer has the power just like another gas powered nailers with the added advantage of being a cordless power tool. The tool can perform any job around the house, starting from installing roofing tiles to reinforcing joints.
With a single charge of about 4-amp hour battery, the Ryobi nailer enables you to fire up to 1700 nails up to the depth of 50 millimeters.
Apart from this, the product also provides a built in the dial in order to resist you from fiddling with the extra tools and wasting unwanted time.
Ryobi is also enabled with the LED lighting as well as attached belt clip for more comfort and ease to use.
- With a single charge 1700 nails can be driven easily
- For improved convenience and superior performance, no compression, hoses or expensive gas cartridges are required
- To improve the air pressure regulation, convenient adjustment dial has been made
- A specialised indicator to show the level of nails for easy and quick reload
- Value for money
- Light weight
- Battery not included
- Nails get stuck sometimes
3. Hitachi NT1850DE 18V Cordless Brad Nailer
The Hitachi 18v cordless brad nailer provides a free-roaming experience to the user around the jobsite, as such it doesn’t need any kind of hoses or compressors to work.
The product is equipped with the Brushless motor technology and is powered by the 30Ah compact lithium Ion battery. In a single charge, this tool can drive up to 1650 nails.
An air spring drive system is installed which is similar to the Hitachi’s pneumatic line. The drive system uses compressed air in order to drive the nails in zero ramp-up time, advanced shooting speed, recoil just like pneumatic nailer, at an angle- better flush driving, quick response time between drives, and easy maintenance.
The Hitachi NT850DE possesses nails of about ⅝” up to 2″ in length, making it extremely useful for the jobs like molding installation, picture and cabinet frame assembly, chair rail, wainscoting, rainbow and cabinet assemble, door casting a d decorative trim.
Apart from this, it also shows a low battery indicator, tool less jam release, selective actuation, variable position belt hook, tool-less depth of drive, and LED light.
- Freedom from the frustrating air hose and compressor in order to save time
- Sequential mode and bump fire mode can be switched easily with the help of selective actuation switch
- Brushless motor to achieve longer run time than other, less maintenance as well as enhanced durability
- 0 Ah compact lithium-ion battery that is ¾ ” shorter and about 0.6 pound lighter as compared to the traditional 3.0Ah battery
- Compatible with the range of Hitachi 18V lithium ion slide-type batteries
- Pivoting belt hook
- Side lock switch
- Extended battery life
- Does not sinks the nails deep enough
4. Senco Fusion FN55AX 18 Gauge Cordless Brad Nailer
The Senco Fusion F18 features a fusion technology and can drive-in multiple ways such as slight and medium head brads into the woods. The product is perfect for the trim crews, remodelers, punchout, or for anyone who doesn’t want to deal with the hose and compressor.
● Thumbwheel Depth-of-Drive
● Nose-Mounted LED Light
● Due to the Rapid charge battery, 80% battery in just 15 minutes
● Patented Instant Shot Design
● Tool-Free Depth-of-Drive
● Jam EZ-Clear
- NA – not available
5. Craftsman C3 19.2v Brad Nailer
If you want to build a project that is precise and well finished then Craftsman C3 19.2V brad nailer which gains its power with the cordless battery. Being a cordless model, loud compressors and hoses have become the story of the past.
Due to the powerful battery backup, it can drive through ⅝”-2” nails quite easily and that too in a single fire with accurate placement. Bump fire is also an added bonus for the fast speed.
Single sequential mode and contact mode makes the nailer more desirable. Apart from this, it has a tool-less jam release feature as well as LED lights in order to help you work on the darkest places as well.
- Contact mode and single sequential mode for better performance
- It can easily drive ⅝”- 2” nails on various materials
- Tool-less jam release mode
- 2 LED light to assist you towards the work surface
- Low nail indicator to alert you make you notified that the nails level are low
- For the proper setting of nails, tool-less depth of drive is adjusted on the nailer
- Easy to use
- Value for money
- Battery and charger not included in the purchase
Frequently asked question and answers about the cordless nailers:
Ques: Are cordless nail guns any good?
Ans: YES! The cordless nail guns are good but it has some of the drawbacks as well. As such it will restrict your work-time to your battery charge, so always try to keep a spare battery and enjoy the seamless nailing.
Ques: What is the difference between the brad nailer and a finish nailer?
Ans: The basic difference between the brad nailer and a finish nailer is that the brad nailer can drive 18-gauge nails while on the other hand, a finish nailer can shoot between 16 gauge to 15-gauge nails. Moreover, carpenters use a finish nailer for their job.
Ques: How dangerous is the Nail gun?
Ans: It is quite dangerous, a serious injury on the spinal cord, neck, head, eye, internal organs and bones can be critical for the severe. Some of the severe accidents may lead to death as well. So, while using a nail gun, one must always take care of the environment and the face of the gun. Detach or turn off the machine when not needed.
If said in a nutshell then owning a cordless nailer is bliss, it gives you the freedom to just roam wherever you want and explore the various angles and congested places without any kind of issue.
We sincerely hope that in the above listed cordless nailer, you find your cordless nailer and fulfil all the DIY projects you ever wanted but wasn’t able to complete.
That being said, don’t waste any further time and just go and buy the cordless nailer.