Best Flooring Nailer Reviews – The main use of a flooring nailer is to install hardwood floors in your home. A nailing job done by hand can be tedious and time-consuming. The best flooring nailer in the market would make the work much easier and also speed up the pace likewise thus punching in nails at the perfect angle required.
However, the main question lies is that which model would be the best for this job? We have considered the best flooring nailer review for you to go through so that you can choose the nailer in accordance to your choice and requirement.
Flooring Nailer Reviews – Buying Guide
1. NuMax SFL618 Pneumatic 3-in-1 15.5-Gauge and 16-Gauge 2″ Flooring Nailer and Stapler with White Rubber Mallet Ergonomic and Lightweight Nail Gun for T-Cleats, L-Cleats, and Staples
If you are on a tight budget and looking for a nailer that can punch in T-cleat nails without any hassle, then the NuMax SFL618 would be the perfect choice for you. It has a 3-in-1 magazine, along with a durable and easy to use a mechanism which comes along with an interchangeable base.
The Numax SFL618 comes in with a mallet within the package and various other accessories too. The 2-in-1 action of this tool is what most users admire. This feature allows the nailer to shoot both staples as well as cleated nails with the maximum precision. Also, there were no issues of misfiring or jamming with this product.
- This product is compatible with L-cleats, staples as well as T-cleat variation of nails.
- It has a hardened drive blade.
- The product comes in with a 1-year warranty.
- This model does require a bit of extra maintenance.
- It requires to be oiled after every 1000 nails and also requires oil to be dropped into the air vent after 300 nails.
2. Freeman PFL618BR Pneumatic 3-in-1 15.5-Gauge and 16-Gauge 2″ Flooring Nailer and Stapler with Case Ergonomic and Lightweight Nail Gun for Flooring with Padded Grip Long Reach Handle
If you are a DIYer and looking for a nailer with which you can easily handle small jobs by yourself then this nailer from Freeman is what you should consider without any second thought. This nailer supports 3 kinds of different nailers mainly, T-cleats, L-cleats, and staples. The presence of the comfortable grip along with a long handle and its capacity to hold 120 fasteners is what makes this product’s working capability long.
The product comes in with a lot of accessories within the package. You even get a durable storage case that can be used to store and travel with this nailer for any job purpose likewise. The accessories include a white rubber mallet, oil, safety glasses, wrenches, and interchangeable face pallets. This product is versatile and it also very easy to handle.
- The presence of the comfortable grip handle is admirable.
- The long handle does not allow the user to feel any kind of back pain even after working with the machine for long periods.
- The product comes in with a carrying case.
- There is no automatic depth control present in the product.
- Users have reported issues where the tool gets jammed frequently.
- The product is not assembled in the USA as it claims to be.
3. BOSTITCH EHF1838K Engineered Hardwood Flooring Stapler, Black
The BOSTITCH EHF1838K is one of the lightest and best flooring nailers available in the market mainly due to its lightweight and easy to handle mechanism. This is a very unique hardwood nailer that has a maximum amount of convenience along with picking up the pace your projects greatly.
This lightweight nailer is convenient to be used with since it punches in staples correctly into your hardwood with the maximum precision. The non-mar cap does not allow your workpiece to get scratched during any job. Also, its oil-free operation does not let your mounted piece of work to get stained. The adjustable knobs can be used to work on almost any floor size and it can be done without the need for any external tool, so that is an advantage you are getting!
The soft rubber grip makes its operation comfortable and the rear air exhaust makes sure that all of the dust and debris gets thrown away from the user. It also comes in with a limited 7-year warranty.
- The adjustments to this nailer can be done without the need for any external tool.
- It has a super comfortable rubber grip.
- The presence of super quiet rear exhaust adds an extra advantage to the set.
- This product can only shoot staples thus making it non-versatile.
4. Freeman PF18GLCN Pneumatic 18-Gauge 1-3/4″ L-Cleat Flooring Nailer for Bamboo and Exotic Flooring Ergonomic and Lightweight Nail Gun with No-Mar Foot for Tongue and Groove Hardwood Flooring
This is the product that you are likely to consider if you are working with dense water flooring. The Freeman PF18GLCN is only preferable for such flooring types exclusive and not suitable to be used with thicker woods or bamboo.
The product works wonders when it comes to working with Brazilian teak, bamboo, cherry or any other exotic wood types. It includes a fiberglass mallet in the package, thus providing you with everything you need to start with your work right away!
It provides enough firepower to be used with thick or groove flooring. In addition to all of these, the helpful accessories come in handy while working. The set of accessories includes a mallet, oil, and wrenches. Plus, the limited 7-year warranty provides extra safety for the tool.
- The package comes in with a fiberglass mallet.
- It has a hardened steel blade along with a die-cast aluminum body.
- It also comes with 3 different plate sizes.
- Users have reported issues regarding tongue splitting occurring on their workpiece while using this device for a prolonged period. ‘
5. DEWALT DWFP12569 2-N-1 Flooring Tool
When it comes to using one of the best flooring nailers in the market, DEWALT has earned a name for itself. Whenever you purchase any product from DEWALT, you have made the correct choice in purchasing a high-quality tool like no other within this price range. This 2-in-1 nailer can punch in staples as well as nails without any hassle and is recommended by most professional users and general contractors likewise.
The product comes with a higher price tag, however, the features it provides are not provided by any other manufacturer of flooring nailers within this price range. The ergonomic design of this tool makes it easy to use when it comes to using the same for long periods. Also, this product has never had any issues with jamming or misfiring.
If top-class quality along with high durability is your choice of purchasing a flooring nailer then this is the product you should opt-in for.
- It has a low CFm requirement.
- It has a non-marring tip. Therefore, you need not worry about damaging your workpiece while working with this equipment.
- The interchangeable base plates are quite beneficial when it comes to using the product with different flooring sizes.
- Users have reported working issues when it comes to punching in staples to the workpiece.
- If the pressure was lowered, then the product did not work at all in some cases.
- For fragile floors, the workpiece cracked during various instances.
6. BOSTITCH MIIIFN 1-1/2- to 2-Inch Pneumatic Flooring Nailer
Just like DEWALT, BOSTITCH is also quite popular when it comes to the production of best flooring nailers in the market in terms of durability and quality. This is, however, last in the list because of its expensive price tag. That being said, if you are on the lookout for a professional flooring nailer and you have room for making some serious expenses, then this is the product you can consider purchasing without any problem.
The power of this nailer is astounding. Any piece of job can be done with this beautiful piece of a tool without any major issues. Its ergonomic design allows the ease of handling the product and it can be used on pre-finished or unfinished hardwood flooring with ease. An additional feature of this product would be its lightweight.
The quality and performance of this device cannot be compared with any other product in the market. However, with this great power and durability, the price tag is also quite high. With a stretchable budget, this product can be purchased without any second thought.
- The product is made out of aircraft-grade aluminum.
- It works at an incredibly high speed, thus, finishing off any job with ease.
- It has a wider composite base.
- When it comes to the size of its handle, it should have been a bit longer thus allowing a more upright operation positioning of the user.
How to use a Flooring Nailer?
Using a flooring nailer varies according to the model you purchased. And the best way to handle and properly use the nailer is to read the instruction manual that came along with your product. Most floor nailers have the same basic operation thus if you know how to use one, you can use any floor nailer with ease.
The first thing which you need to look out for is what size adapter plate you will be needing, and attaching it to the floor nailer likewise. If you are using an air-powered floor nailer then you need to attach the air compressor to the same.
For the manual ones, simply line up the nailer with the workpiece you will be working with and hit it with a rubber mallet. By doing this, you are just forcefully pushing in the nail to your workpiece thus making the nail go deep into the wood in accordance with your choice. Once done, follow the previous steps and continue henceforth.
Using the best flooring nailer in the market is not something to be worried about since its mechanism is not at all complicated. It is not even tough to choose!
Your floor nailer should be bought based upon the fact that what sort of job you are looking forward to. If you are to work on something small, then a smaller variety of these nailers would do the job, if you are working with multiple projects as a professional, you might want to invest in some more durable and of a higher price range.
The above provided best flooring nailer review would do provide you with a clear idea of what you want to choose and thus help you with the confusion you are facing!