Best Flux Core Welders – Ever since the introduction of Flux Core welders, things have changed for the DIY welders and the small shops. The things with these welders are they are very inexpensive, yet very powerful at the same time. They allow you to weld everything from auto body sheet metal to some heavy steel plate.
However, there are a lot of varieties of flux welder machines out there. It is not easy to find the correct one for you. It is highly likely to end up paying too much for not a good enough machine. Also, it is elementary to miss out on great deals due to a lack of information.
But, you do not have to worry. We got you covered. We have done the homework so that you do not have to stress over it. Here we have listed down a few fantastic value-for-money flux-cored MIG welders with reviews. Go through the list and take your pick.
Best Flux Core Welders Review Online
1. Hobart 500559 Handler 140 MIG Welder 115V
This flux welder is a fine combination of professional quality and home features. It has an output current range of 25 to 140 amps. So, it’s able to run welds on 24-gauge sheet metal. It is also able to weld 1/4-inch steel in one pass. This machine can get converted from a gasless flux core to full gas MIG welding. The device has a high-quality Miller gas regulator.
Because it runs on 120-volt input power, it can be plugged in anywhere. So you can carry it around where you go. This flux core welder runs on a 4000-watt generator. It can use both 4-inch or 8-inch wire spools, and you can select different gauges of welding wire.
The device has a lot of power for a 120-volt machine and professional build quality. It is also very compact in size and weight, and it comes with a 3-year warranty. So, the Hobart Handler 140 is a popular welder among customers, and it is an excellent choice for craftsmen.
- Flux Cored Mig welder
- It runs on 120 volts
- Runs on 25-140 amp current
- It can cut 24 gauge sheets 1/4 inch mild steel
- Wire-speed 40 rpm to 700 rpm
- Wipe speed can be infinitely adjusted
- Wire drive is solid metal
- There are five power level settings
- Has a miller regulator
- The device comes with a 10-foot miller gun
2. Hobart – 500553 Handler 210 MVP MIG Welder, Small
The design of Hobart Handler 210 makes it easy to use, and it’s built to industrial standards. It has a solid metal wire feed drive for precise control. It also includes a gas solenoid and dual-gauge regulator. Those features help the flux core welder to convert to the entire MIG operation with gas shielding.
The device is specially made for dual input voltage, either 120 or 240 volts. It comes with an adapter that allows you to switch power sources. You can do it by simply changing the connector. It has seven power level settings and ten feed speeds. With the help of them, the Handler 210 can weld thin 24-gauge sheet metal for auto bodywork. If you want to weld a 3/8-inch steel plate, all you need to do is turn the heat up and increase the speed.
Hobart machines have a strong reputation for reliability. So they are prevalent among steelworkers and fabrication specialists. User reports for this flux cored MIG welder say the same thing. This machine comes with 10-foot leads, handles both 4-inch and 8-inch rolls. To top everything off, it comes with Hobart’s 3-year warranty.
- Runs on 120 or 240-volt input power
- It can handle 24 gauge sheet metal to 3/8 inch steel
- The duty cycle is 30 per cent
- There are seven levels of power settings
- Output current is 210 amp
- It includes a gas regulator
- It has a built-in gas solenoid
- 10 foot MIG gun
- Drive roller can be changed quickly
- It accepts 4 inch or 8-inch spools
3. Forney Easy Weld 140 MP, Multi-Process Welder
This flux welder machine is a 3-in-1 multi-process machine (Stick/MIG/TIG). It’s very lightweight at 25 pounds and highly convenient to use. You can make infinite adjustments to the current level and feed speed. The current level has a range from 10 to 140 amps. This allows you to weld thin auto body sheet metal from 24-gauge thick to 1/4-inch steel plate.
This machine is gas MIG capable. Nonetheless, you will still have to buy a gas hose and regulator separately. To keep in mind, the TIG process on this machine isn’t really much compatible with a foot pedal. Instead, it uses a standard 25 series TIG torch, which has to be bought separately.
However, the review about this flux core welder is fantastic. It gets the most amazing reviews from users. The machine runs on Easy Start technology for scratch-starting the arc. So, it can produce clean, beautiful welds with excellent penetration. This machine accommodates both 4-inch and 8-inch spools, and it features a metal drive. Last but not least, it comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It can weld up to 24-gauge sheet to a 1/4-inch plate
- Wide 10 to 140 amp output range
- It has a duty cycle of 30 per cent at 90 amps
- It comes with a built-in live fan
- Includes a 3-year warranty
- 10-foot MIG gun
- It can take 4-inch and 8-inch spools
- Very light in weight, weighs only 25 pounds
- You can infinitely adjust on voltage and feed
- It can run MIG, wire, TIG, and stick
4. YESWELDER FLUX-135 Flux Core MIG Welder,135A Gasless IGBT Inverter Welding Machine 110V
The YESWELDER FLUX-135 welder is one of the finest flux core welders in the market. It is perfect for everyone, from first-time welders up to avid users. The device is very convenient to use. It is very portable, easy to carry around.
The machine is light in weight yet potent. It has an output current of up to 135 Amp, which allows you to weld mild steel up to 1/8 inch plate. You can apply it to D100 (4″ diameter) rolls 2lb of MIG wire. With the machine, one can weld up to .030″(0.8mm) and .035″ (0.9mm)with flux core wire.
The Yeswelder flux welder comes with an 8′ MIG gun. It is compatible with Lincoln Magnum 100L. You can also use standard Lincoln front consumables 21 series nozzle. The efficient machines can handle to feed .030″ and .035″ diameter welding wire.
It is also very lightweight, weighing only 11 lbs. So, it can be easily carried to any DIY, maintenance, repair project.
- The flux-cored MIG welder has a 135 amps output current
- It is a 3 in 1 multi-purpose machine with TIG, MIG, and stick
- It allows you to handle 28-gauge to 1/8-inch steel
- The device comes with 10-foot connections
- It has infinite voltage and wire feed speed control
- It has a 30 per cent energy cycle
- Has a feature of synergic or manual settings
- The flux core welder uses 0.30/.035 flux core wire
- The machine includes three wire rollers
- The machine has efficient-Advanced IGBT DC Inverter Technology
5. Display4top Portable No Gas MIG 130 Plus Welder Flux Core Wire Automatic Feed Welding Machine, DIY Home Welder w/Free Mask – 110V
This machine uses convenient flux-Cored wire. It is considered one of the most robust and most durable welders. The device is very compact and yet looks exquisite. The MIG welder is made of a heavy-duty stainless steel body. The body is painted with durable red paint. It helps to ensure its long-last serving lifespan. So if you want to invest in a solid and durable welding machine that will serve you a long time, it is the one to buy.
The device comes with excellent safety measures. It has a safety feature where the welder is automatically turned off if it gets too hot. Also, if the voltage and current exceed their range, the machine gets turned off on its own. The welder also comes with an internal fan-cooling system. The fans help cool down the welder when working.
If you are tight on storage space, you should not worry. This does not take up a lot of space. It has a comfortable hand grip to carry the device around.
The flux welder has a 30 per cent duty cycle. On top of it all, you get a bunch of freebies with this. The package includes a welding gun with on/off safety control and one grounding clamp. There is also a brush, one protection mask, and several other small accessories.
- The flux core welder has an automatic thermal safety protection
- It is a compact, and exquisite flux cored MIG welder
- The overload safety protection comes with a comfortable hand grip
- Has an internal fan-cooling system
- The package includes a protection mask and several other small accessories
- It has a portable design and is very lightweight,
- DC Inverter Mini MIG Welder
- It has a stainless steel body
- Best suited for welding carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium, etc
- Good against voltage fluctuation.
6. ETOSHA MIG 160 Welder Portable Flux Core Wire Gasless Automatic Wire Feeding Welder,160A ARC Welder Machine with Welding Gun, Grounding Clamp, Input Power Adapter Cable and Brush(Orange)
These flux core welders are widely popular in indoor decorations and DIY projects. At the same time, it is famous among professional welders and welding hobbyists too.
The Etosha flux welder has a fantastic and reasonable design.
You can open the lid of the welding machine to get some extra space for keeping your welding equipment.
The current flow of the device is effortless to adjust by adjusting the four buttons. It also features a wire to feed the speed adjusted rotary knob. The maximum no-load voltage of this device is 37V at an output current range of 50 to 160 amp.
It has an ARC-160 Stick Arc, which helps you to achieve the perfect weld. The components of the device are powerful, which makes it a super reliable work tool. This MIG welder has a 15 per cent duty cycle, and in the package comes a bunch of useful accessories like spool wire and a welding face mask.
Now that you have the options to pick from, you should make the right decision. However, there might still be some confusion for people who are new to the world of flux core welding. I have made a buying guide to make it easier for you.
- The flux-cored MIG welder machine uses 0.8-0.9mm flux core wire.
- 110 AC, 60 Hz power input
- It comes with an overheating protection
- Perfectly suitable for mild steel and stainless steel.
- Water splash protection with IP21 rated
- It has a comfortable hand grip and an easily startable arc
- A very advanced cooling system,
- Very lightweight at 39.68lbs
- It has a radiator huge
Check More – Best Welding Helmets
Things to Consider While Buying Flux Cored MIG Welder
All MIG machines can run flux core, but not every flux core welder can run like a gas MIG machine. So, this is an important detail to pay attention to. Understand your requirements, for now and for the long term. If you wish to, later on, try MIG welding, you would want to invest in a MIG welder.
The single most significant factor in choosing your best flux core welding machine is how thick your metal is.
If you only weld metal that’s 1/4-inch thick or less, you require 130-140 amps. To weld anything wider, you will need a machine that can weld up to 3/8-inch steel with over 200 amps of output.
If you are welding sheet metal or thin plate-like gate hinges, a 120-volt machine will be more than enough. For heavier work, you will need more input power than that.