Palm Nailer Reviews – Looking for the best palm nailer in the market? These small pieces of the tool look exactly like they sound, designed in such a way that they can be fit within the palm of your hand. Some of these products are even powerful like their counterpart, in addition to being much more comfortable to use when it comes to working with them.
If you are looking for a palm nailer for your everyday work, we have chosen the top 5 nailers in this palm nailer review for you to consider. You are sure to find out the right model in accordance with your requirements likewise.
Best Palm Nailer Reviews
1. BOSTITCH PN100K Impact Nailer Kit
- Country of Origin:China
- Package length:12.0"
- Package width:4.0"
- Package height:13.0"
The PN100K is our top-most model on the list. This is because, this product is manufactured by BOSTITCH, one of the top manufacturers when it comes to the production of palm nailers in the maker.
We recommend this nailer kit to every beginner or professional since it has all the things an individual would require to start with his or her project right away. The package comes with various kinds of noses and accessories and is the top choice for anybody who is purchasing his first nail gun.
This is a powerful product that has an ergonomic design, quite beneficial when it comes to working in tight spaces. It weighs less than 3 pounds, therefore, you need not worry about a sore hand anymore!
The magnetic nose of this tool helps the nail to stay in position at all times. In addition to this, the nose is made out of hardened steel, eventually providing you with maximum durability.
- It has a magnetic nose that can hold the nail in position without any hassle.
- The product has an ergonomic design.
- A pair of leather gloves are included within the package.
- Some users reported that they had trouble while changing the nose.
2. PORTER-CABLE PN650 Palm Nailer Kit
- 100 percent battery powered which eliminates need for compressor
- Multiple tool free settings for increased productivity
- Multi functional dual LED lights for dark work spaces
- Sequential firing mode
- Nail Diameter:18 gauge
This is one of the bestselling palm nailers in the market. It is a powerful device with an ergonomic design along with an easy mechanism thus allowing it to be used for any problematic task without any hassle.
The package has four different kinds of noses with a powerful multi-blow firing mode which can punch in the nails in almost any surface of the material you are working on. However, this model does cost a bit higher than the previously mentioned product, considering a top-notch performance in return.
The major attraction of this palm nailer is that it comes with four nose tips. No other nailer within this price range provides anything as such. Also, the presence of a magnetic nose tip helps the nails to stay in position before getting punched into the workpiece. The steel hammer kit is perfect for various complex jobs such as dowels, molding and even auto bodywork.
- The package comes in with four nose tips namely, magnetic, finishing, steel hammer, and wide nail.
- It has the feature of a multi-blow firing mode.
- The package also includes a pair of gloves, carrying case, oil, and wrench.
- Two of the nose tips provided in the package are not magnetic.
- It is quite problematic when it comes to changing the heads.
- It is a bit expensive than most other products on the market.
3. BOSTITCH PN50 Mini Impact Nailer
- Rubber grip designed to insulate and reduce vibration
- Weighs only 1 lb.
- 360° swivel air fitting for maximum accessibility
- Front exhaust directs air away from users palm
- Drives most common bulk finish, framing & timber nails
When it comes to working in tight spaces, the BOSTITCH PN50 is an absolute beast! This mini-sized product is quite handy and weighs around 1 pound so there is no need to feel worried about being weighed down while working in confined spaces.
Also, the rubber grip attached to the tool not only provides excellent insulation but it also acts as a shock absorber and takes in all of the vibrations which supposedly occur when you are using the product during a job.
The 1 pound weight is not only the only major attraction of this nailer. The ability of this nailer to be used in tight and confined spaces in addition to the 360 degrees swivel air fitting is what makes it more perfect to use.
It has a front-facing exhaust that throws out all of the dust and debris away from your palm and face. Thus, this product is quite easy as well as comfortable to use. The most common nails can be loaded into its magazine without any hassle.
- The presence of rubber grip reduces the vibration and also provides insulation.
- It has 360 degrees of swivel air fitting technology.
- The availability of the front exhaust is another advantage when it comes to throwing all the dust and debris away from your palm and face.
- Users have reported issues with lots of vibration occurring while using the product.
- There are no safety features available on this device.
- It does not work with nails that have a larger diameter than the usual ones.
4. Freeman Pneumatic Mini Palm Nailer with Magnetic Tip Ergonomic & Lightweight Nail Gun for Tight & Hard To Reach Spaces
- Nailed It: The Freeman PMPN Pneumatic Mini Palm Nailer with Magnetic Tip is a small but powerful hammer to assist you when working in tight spaces and hard to reach areas. It's lightweight with an ergonomically designed body and can handle nails from 6D to 16D, and up to 3-1/2".
- Pro Design: This powerful and durable palm nailer features high quality internal parts and a lightweight, ergonomic design weighing in at under two pounds. It comes with everything you need to hammer in hard to reach places, with air tool oil and adjustment tools included.
- The Right Tool for the Job: We're committed to providing outstanding value, top tier customer service and long lasting, high quality products. We make nailers and staplers for every purpose, from roofing to siding to flooring and everything in between.
- Quality and Durability: We manufacture tools with the most durable materials under strict quality control guidelines, suitable for professional contractors and do-it-yourselfers alike. Our tools are sold, distributed, serviced, and warrantied in the USA.
- Tough and Dependable: We make an array of durable construction tools and accessories, including staplers and nailers for siding, flooring, framing, finish, and roofing. Compare our products to similar items by Makita, Hitachi, Bostitch, Senco, Paslode, and Dewalt.
This is a powerful nailer which fits rights within the palm of your hand. It has an ergonomic design and is pretty lightweight thus making it the perfect choice when working in confined spaces. Also, it has an affordable price.
This model is preferred by many users since it is affordable and can fit right within the palm of your hand without any hassle. The weight of this product is less than 2 pounds therefore, making it the first choice when it comes to using a palm nailer in tight spaces.
The package comes in with oil and wrenches, thus allowing the usage of this product right after you receive the package! If you are on a tight budget and looking for the best palm nailer in the market, then this would be the tool for you.
- It has an ergonomic design.
- The package comes in with a variety of wrenches and oil.
- It is easy to work within tight and confined spaces.
- Some users have reported issues with its durability.
5. Senco PC0781 Pneumatic Palm Nailer
- Drives bulk nails from 5d to 70d
- Balanced 2.5 pound weight
- Soft rubber palm pad for comfortable grip
- Magnetic nail guide for faster and easier driving
- Leather grip reduces fatigue
The SENCO PC0781 is quite a unique palm nailer being super lightweight, easy to use and also highly durable. The price of this product is affordable too!
Thus, you are getting one of the best palm nailers without the need of spending a fortune. However, the product does not come with any accessories since it is a budget palm nailer, however, it has a lot of features that are likely to be considered.
The product is lightweight, has a comfortable grip and is highly durable. It can use a wide variety of nails making it the perfect choice for various big and small projects alike.
The leather grip of this device minimizes the fatigue of your palm and hand. Therefore, you need to take fewer breaks and eventually get the job done faster!
- It has a comfortable grip with an effective palm pad.
- The nail guide is magnetic.
- The leather grip does not allow fatigue to occur to your hand.
- The leather strap which is present on the product is too small even for individuals with small hands thus making it uncomfortable to be worn for longer periods.
- The product needs a few drops of oil now and then.
How to buy a Palm Nailer?
The following factors need to be considered when it comes to purchasing a palm nailer of your choice. Make sure you go through these nicely.
- Size and Weight
Most palm nailers are almost of the same size. However, the size might be an issue for users who have relatively large or small hands. Therefore, make sure that you are considering the dimension of the nailer before purchasing the same since a small or large nailer for your palm would be uncomfortable to use.
The weight needs to be considered also. You need not want your palm nailer to be heavy since it will be difficult to use the product it is designed for.
One of the most important thing which you need to consider while purchasing a palm nailer is that it can be used comfortably. Making sure that the product has an ergonomic grip would allow you to complete your work much faster.
- Various Tips
The more the number of nose tips your palm nailer comes with the more versatile it is. Therefore, opt-in for purchasing a nailer which is versatile.
- Cover or Strap
The products which come with a leather strap or belt are eventually more comfortable to use.
- Storage Case
Whenever you are not using the tool, it can be kept safely in a storage kit and you need not worry about the product getting damaged in anyways.
- Adjustment of Depth of Drive
Consider purchasing a product which allows you to adjust the depth of drive while using the product. Although these models do cost a bit more than the normal palm nailers, spending a few more money for this extra feature is worth considering!
What to look for when buying a Palm Nailer?
These factors need to be considered if you want the best palm nailer in accordance with your requirements.
- Nail Configuration
There are two configurations available for these nailers namely, coil style and strip style. The coil style can hold more nails than the strip styled ones.
- Power Source
There are two kinds of power sources for these nailers namely, one which runs of electricity and one which runs of air pressure.
The air pressure ones are known as pneumatic nailers and are quite high maintenance but are portable. On the other hand, the electrical ones are comfortable to use but are quite troublesome when it comes to the feature of portability.
- Firing Mode
Considering the firing mode in accordance with your requirements is mandatory.
The single sequential firing mode offers less bump firing.
The single actuation mode also offers less bump firing but in addition to a greater amount of safety and operation order.
- Design and Weight
Palm nailers are usually lightweight and have a compact design.
Thus, you will surely be considering a compact tool rather than using a hefty one for your projects!
- Safety Measurements
Always make sure that you check out the safety features of the palm nailer you are purchasing since safety is the major thing one should consider while using a power tool.
Types of Palm Nailers
There are mainly 3 types of palm nailers. These are as follows:
- Cordless Palm Nailers
These nailers are not meant to be used for your daily work. These operate on a rechargeable battery and needs to be charged after a prolonged usage throughout the day.
The size of these nailers are a bit large but they fit within the palm of your hand without any hassle.
- Electric Palm Nailers
These nailers are the most common ones which use an electric cord connected to a power source to be used. These can be used in tight areas because they are relatively small in size.
Although it is less convenient than using a cordless one, it still provides excellent service when it comes to using the product for a prolonged time.
- Pneumatic Palm Nailers
These nailers use the power of nails to drive nails into your workpiece. It has very limited firepower and thus pretty inconvenient when compared with the other two types of palm nailers.
So, these are our top 5 picks of the best palm nailer available in the market. Depending upon your budget and requirements, the right one should be included in this list of 5. Also, if you are having trouble finding the right palm nailer for yourself, make sure that you go through the detailed palm nailer review so that you get a more clear idea of what each of these product offers.