Best Pin Nailer Reviews – Knowing when to use a pin nailer is crucial when it comes to working efficiently with a piece of job.
Pin nailers or pinners, as they are often called, are tools that are used to stick two pieces of lightwood together. Usually, the glue would do the work, but to maintain the efficiency, a pinner is used likewise.
No pinheads are popping out of the workpiece and thus the pins become visually invisible after being punched into the surface of the material. In this review complete details information about best pin nailer review find out from here.
Best 23-Gauge Pin Nailers Reviews & Top Picks
Best 23-Gauge Pin Nailers Our Reviews
This being said, which would be the ideal pin nailer for you to purchase?
We have provided you with the best pin nailer review which you can read through to get a clear idea on which pinner would be the best for you in accordance with your work. The review consists of various products with a different price range and features which you need to go through so that you have a better understanding of what products are looking forward to without making a bad decision.
1. Hitachi NP35A Pin Nailer 23 Gauge, Accepts 5/8 to 1-3/8 Pin Nails, Micro Pinner with Depth Adjustment, 5 Year Warranty
The first one to be included in our best pin nailer review would be the Hitachi NP35A. It only weighs around 2 pounds which makes it super lightweight and easy to work with. Also, the pin can be loaded without any effort and it does not even jam. The good range of fasteners makes it an excellent choice when it comes to performing various jobs.
The product has a safety dual trigger and the exhaust pipe is directed far away from your workplace where all of the oil and debris get thrown away. It requires a wrench to make the depth adjustments accordingly, however, it is located within the tool itself.
- It has a dual safety trigger.
- The product comes with a five-year warranty.
- It is very lightweight weighing only around 2 pounds.
- The product comes at an affordable price range thus making it very cheap.
2. Grex P650L 23-Gauge 2-Inch Headless Pinner with Lock-Out
This product comes second in our list since it costs a little more than the previous model. However, with the elevation in price, it does come with a variety of features that no other pin nailer would provide at this price range. It has a lockout mechanism which does not allow the firing of empty shots when the magazine is empty. In addition to all of this, it has a powerful motor and there is no need for any external adjustments required while using this product.
This product would be the best option for you to consider if you are looking for a perfect tool for lightweight assembly and even work on hardwood floors. It can also be used for picture frame assembly, paneling and even make small repairs to furniture.
- The lockout mechanism of this product prevents dry-firing when the clip is empty.
- It has a patented magazine along with the auto-adjustment feature.
- The product has a narrow nose to get inside tight spaces.
- Setting the pins might be a problem for some users.
3.PORTER-CABLE PIN100 1/2-Inch to 1-Inch 23-Gauge Pin Nailer
The PORTER-CABLE PIN100 is a unique tool when it comes to using a more versatile pinner than most of the pin nailers available in the market. The product has a pin capacity of 170 micro pins for its magazine. In addition to this, this pinner also comes in with a golf trigger feature, reload indicator and automatic depth adjustment feature.
Why do we call this model a bit more versatile than any other product in the market? This is because it has a much smaller length of the pins. Usually, a nail of size one inch would be sufficient enough for various jobs but not for flooring or deeper securing, therefore, with this product you are getting this advantage of versatility. The automatic fastener length adjustment help in the quick and efficient loading of pins. The magazine needs to be loaded from the bottom, so that is also quite helpful and easy. The low nail indicator shows the users whenever the magazine needs to be refilled.
- The product has an automatic fastener length adjustment feature which is unique.
- The bottom loading magazine makes the process of loading the pins quick.
- The magazine capacity is of 170 micro nails.
- Users need to oil this tool before starting with any job.
- Before adjusting the depth, the air pressure needs to be changed, so that might be an issue for some users.
4. Grex P635 23 Gauge 1-3/8-Inch Length Headless Pinner
Grex presents to you with another model which is much cheaper than the previous one. It offers a various set of features which you will eventually require for fast and precise pin nail punching.
This model can handle almost all of your framing requirements. It is versatile and can handle various types of pins within its magazine. The magazine automatically adjusts itself with the change in nail size, so this is some unique feature we are getting. Also, this model is a bit powerful than most other models within this price range, in addition to being affordable. Usually preferable for DIY users and construction workers without any hassle.
- The product comes with a double trigger safety feature.
- It has a narrow nose design.
- It has an automatic fastener length adjustment feature which allows quick loading of pins efficiently.
- This product is not very durable.
- Users have reported issues where it starts to misfire after prolonged usage.
5. BOSTITCH HP118K 23-Gauge 1/2-Inch to 1-3/16-Inch Pin Nailer
Just like the Hitachi pin nailer, this tool is also lightweight, easy and comfortable to use, does not jam, has the availability of dual trigger features and can use various pins for different job purposes.
The product with an amusing warranty of 7 years. It is great for using with various hardwood and can do the work efficiently, without any hassle. The presence of a belt hook adds to the extra feature when it comes to safety while using this product.
- The product has a dual trigger safety feature.
- It is very lightweight.
- The product with a seven-year warranty.
- It is not suitable to be used on softwood since it leaves marks on the workpiece.
- It has issues of bad countersinking on the hardwood.
What Makes Good Pin Nailer?
The most basic feature which a good pin nailer should have is that it should support the usage of a variety of pins so that it can cover most of the projects it works on. It should be able to work on hardwood without any hassle in addition to no jamming or misfiring.
Whenever working with a power tool, safety should be the priority. Make sure that the product you are purchasing should not have any awkward safeties. This is a major drawback for many products in the market.
The best 23 gauge pin nailer is one that provides a safe working environment and does not put any individual in danger.
How to choose the top affordable pin nailer?
The factors mentioned below need to be considered when you are about to purchase an affordable pin nailer concerning your budget:
1. Power Source: If you are on the lookout for portable and powerful pin nailer and usually do not care about the compactness or the price, then you can go for a cordless electric pinner.
However, if you have some basic requirements and need a pinner for your day-to-day activity you can always opt-in for the corded traditional pinner or even a pneumatic pinner, completely dependent on what you are looking for.
2. Nail Sizes: Make sure that you purchase a tool that supports the nail size you work with likewise. However, various products support multiple sizes of nails, although they cost a lot high!
3. Depth Adjustment: the availability of having an adjustable nail drive is crucial when it comes to controlling how deep you want the nail pins to be driven into your workpiece.
4. Capacity of the Magazine: If you are looking for a product that requires less frequent reloading of pins, then consider purchasing a tool that has a large clip capacity size.
What are the uses of pin nailers?
Below mentioned are some of the common uses of using a pin nailer specifically.
- It can be used with the most delicate materials with ease.
- The 23 gauge pin nailer makes holes so small that it is almost invisible to the human eye since they leave very small to almost no holes after being punched. In addition to this, the nails used do not have any nail heads thus providing the hole-less effect on the mounted workpiece.
- Since the holes which are made are almost invisible to the naked eye, there is no need to apply putty externally on the workpiece to cover up the holes. This will eventually save a lot of your time and materials. The pin nailers do provide a tidier appearance of your workplace.
- It can be used to fix a workpiece temporarily. Since pin nailers can stick two-piece of lightwood efficiently, therefore any material can be fixed temporarily with the help of some glue and the pin nails, for some time without much hassle.
Pin Nailer Safety
Make sure that you use various equipment such as safety glasses, ear protection, working gloves and go through some safe work practices before operating a pin nailer.
Of course, if you are a professional carpenter then you are likely to know about its working mechanism and the safety tips. However, if you are just a hobbyist then you should obviously go through the full user manual of your product before using the product for any job likewise.
How to Use a Pin Nailer?
Follow the steps mentioned below to use a pin nailer efficiently, without any hassle. Also, make sure that you wear safety equipment before operating a pin nailer since precaution is always better than cure.
Step 1: Open the magazine of the pin nailer and load the pins onto the clip.
Step 2: Close the magazine and you are ready to go punching any piece of equipment with the pin nails.
Step 3: Hold the gun upright and make sure that your finger is away from the nose of the gun. Press the trigger where you can to punch in the pin nails and it will be done without any problem.
Check More – Best Siding Nailer Review
Pin nailers are used for some specific jobs but this does not mean that their working capability is limited to that extent only. Various users operate this tool for different jobs although it needs to be done very carefully.
Our review here provides you with the best and affordable best pin nailers available in the market. You have all the data, essential features, and the purpose and benefits mentioned about each of the products mentioned above. So you already know what you are looking for.
If you happen to find the best 23 gauge pin nailer for your work then do not hesitate and get the same at the best price available!