Best Ping Pong Paddles To Skyrocket your Game – If you have one of the best ping pong paddles available in the market, then there would be a whole lot of difference between a game of ping pong amongst two players. In recent years, the demand for ping pong paddles has grown quite a lot. There are thousands of rackets from which you can choose from even if you are a beginner.
It can be quite overwhelming when it comes to choosing from amongst so many ping pong paddles in the market. Therefore, to make this task more comfortable for you, we have thought of introducing a review on the top ping pong paddles of all time so that you can choose hassle-free from amongst so many paddles and thus take your game of table tennis to the next level!
The provided guide will teach you all about how to choose the top ping pong paddles of all time, depending on your requirements. Table tennis is quite an exciting sport, and the right paddle would surely make a difference in the game you are playing.
We have listed some of the top 8 table tennis paddles for you to choose from irrespective of the fact that whether you are an attacking player or a blocking one. There is a paddle for every kind of player.
Best Ping Pong Paddles Review to Buy Online
How to choose the perfect ping pong paddle
There are a lot of expensive as well as cheap ping pong paddles available in the market today. But, to choose from this vast list of rackets available, you need to consider a lot of factors so that you don’t end up spending more than your estimated budget on something you don’t supposedly require at the moment.
These dependent factors are as follows:
1. Playing style:
The main factor is what sort of playing style you possess. If you are just a recreational player, then you might want to consider a paddle that has a mid-price range since you do not follow any specific playing style. As a professional player, you are most likely to find the kind of grip you consider whether penhold or shakehand. Also, whether you being a defensive or an offensive player comes into consideration too.
2. Asking others:
It is always advisable that you have a good discussion with an experienced player at your table tennis club on which paddle is most likely to provide the maximum benefit to your gameplay. There are various factors on which you can choose a paddle other than the design and comfort, which affects the overall performance.
3. How do the ratings work?
The performance of the top ping pong paddles is entirely dependent on the manufacturer. There is a scale of either 10 pointer or a 100 pointer which rates the power, control, and spin of a paddle likewise. There are minor differences when it comes to paddles having the same rating apart from their build material, so whenever you observe a rating which is 8 or higher, you will understand what to expect from the same.
The power of a paddle not only depends on the build quality of the product and the handle but also on the cushioning applied between the layers of wood the blade is made out of in addition to the rubber grip. All of the blades have a layer of fiberglass or carbon fiber glued in between them, which provides shock absorption and a lightweight to the paddle. The higher the number of power, the more shock it can absorb and return the same with a much higher amount of force.
The control of a paddle measures the striking capability of the racket to the ball. The quality of the rubber and the thickness of the padding is what provides the control rating of a paddle. The more viscid is the rubber, the more control you will have over the ball when it hits the paddle.
If there is a padding of foam, it provides extra control. However, this is done at the cost of power. If the rubber pip is facing outwards, you will have more grip when you strike the ball, however, at the expense of spin.
The spin of a paddle is again dependent on the quality and placement of the rubber, although it can be improved with a lightweight blade. Most players, irrespective of the fact that whether they play in offense or defense, would consider a paddle that has a higher spin rating since it provides complex return shots. Paddles with high spin ratings will have the pips of their rubber facing towards the blade, which allows the ball to be struck forcefully. Also, a lightweight paddle allows a higher level of manipulation while using the paddle.
The following list consists of the top 8 ping pong paddles of all time:
1. STIGA Pro Carbon Performance-Level Table Tennis Racket with Carbon Technology for Tournament Play
This is one of the best ping pong paddles online. Much cheap than the JET 800 version, it is very similar to the same in terms of speed and creates a much more significant amount of spin than any other racket.
This racket is made from the latest manufacturing technologies to provide the maximum benefits while using in-game. You can quickly feel the build quality of this racket once you handle the same with your own hands. It is made out of 5 layers of wood along with 2 carbon layers, which makes the paddle quite rigid.
The power it generates is immense in addition to the precision while hitting the ball with the considerate amount of force required by the player. The players who play between mid-range to far-range will be benefitting the most from this product.
- It is the best racket for beginners and also for recreational players.
- The price this racket comes with is quite affordable for any player.
- Its robust build quality provides excellent durability.
- The product can be a bit delicate for professional players.
- The spin rating is not quite up to the mark and might cause a problem for professional players.
2. Butterfly 401 Table Tennis Racket Set – 1 Ping Pong Paddle – 1 Ping Pong Paddle Case – ITTF Approved Table Tennis Paddle – Ships In Ping Pong Racket Gift Box
This is an excellent paddle for beginners to step in early for their overall development with this game. Its price is quite affordable and has been rated an 8 for its speed and 8.5 for control. This is an excellent investment that can be done by players to maintain a balanced game in addition to keeping their monetary expenses slow.
The rubber, which is made of has been known to last longer than any other typical paddles available at this price range. The blade of this racket is also constructed with high-quality build material to provide a good beating to the opponent during a game of table tennis!
- The build quality of its rubber and sponge is the best within this price range.
- It has an ergonomic grip.
- This racket is approved by various players to be used during any tournament concerning the requirement of the user.
- The product is built with a specially made “Butterfly Yuki Table Tennis Rubber.”
- The paddle is a bit heavy, and it might take some time for players to get adjusted to the same.
3. STIGA Tournament-Quality Titan Table Tennis Racket with Crystal Technology to Harden Blade for Increased Speed, 2mm Sponge, and Concave Italian Composite Handle
This is one of the best value for money paddle available in the market. The STIGA Titan provides the player with an enormous amount of control at a pocket-friendly price. Thus, it happens to be an excellent racket for new players. It is excellent for players who play defense because of the material from which this paddle is made.
The main performance booster of this paddle is because of its blade. It is made out of 5 layers of ply with an all-wooden handle so that it can provide the player with the maximum power compared to any other paddle at this price range. Triumph rubber is used on the Titan, which is not of some cheap quality rubber of different paddles.
- It provides a significant performance level during the game.
- ITTF has approved the rubber quality of this product.
- The build quality of the blade is made out of Crystal Technology.
- It has a high speed and spin rating.
- Some users reported durability issues with this racket, clearly indicating that the manufacturing quality is not high.
4. Killerspin JET200 Table Tennis Paddle
This is another excellent paddle for beginners to use with the price range similar to the Stiga Titan and the Butterfly 401. It is an excellent choice for any new player to consider who is likely to get more serious about their play. The power is quite less as compared to the Stiga Titan. Although, the control is a lot better.
Killerspin is a new table tennis paddle manufacturing introduced in the market. Still, they have been reaching a certain level of popularity with their high-quality material and aggressively styled equipment. And all this at an affordable price range! The racket is made out of 5 plywood layers, and the blade is quite hardy since none of the users ever complained about durability issues with this product.
- The construction and build quality of this paddle are quite superior.
- It has been specially designed for players to learn basic strokes and to perfect the skill of controlling the ball with ease.
- It is the best choice for beginners.
- The package comes with a personalized memory book storage case.
- The paddle has a speed rating of 6, which is very less at a professional level.
5. DHS HURRICANE-II Tournament Ping Pong Paddle, Table Tennis Racket – Shakehand with a KAMTS Wrist Guard
This paddle is a bit expensive and does not fall under the category of the entry-level paddles. However, this paddle is an excellent option for players who prefer the Asian Style or Shakehand grip on their rackets. The DHS Hurricane II is a racket for professional players and therefore has a higher price range.
Since DHS is a Chinese ping pong paddles making company, therefore, their rackets are going to be favored towards players who prefer the Asian style of play. The beneficial point of this paddle is the closer front on it, and the rubber has been provided with a bit of slickness, which favors a higher spin rate during a game.
Also, the weight management of this paddle is quite amusing since it provides a greater sense of control to the players.
- This paddle is the best choice for all-around gameplay.
- It comes with Landson wrist support.
- It requires some time by the player to get used to its flexibility.
- The pricing of this paddle is quite high and can prove to be expensive for beginners and intermediate players.
6. Killerspin JET600 Table Tennis Paddle – Multi-Colour Ping Pong Paddle Designed for Powerful all-around Play wrapped in White Memory Book
This is one of the ping pong paddles which is quite suitable for an intermediate player having features that of an advanced level paddle with a price range that barely reaches a high point. This paddle is mainly used in tournaments and can be used by players to refine their game.
The construction of this paddle is made out of 5 layers, which provides excellent control during any game and is supposedly lightweight. But the leading quality of this paddle lies in its rubber. The JET 600 has a rubber quality that can counter the opponent’s spin and thus return the ball with its designated spin.
- ITTF approves this paddle.
- This is a tournament-level paddle mostly used by intermediate and professional players.
- It has a speed rating of 8.0, a spin rating of 9.0, and a control of 8.5.
- The paddle comes with a 30-days warranty.
- It might take some time by the player to get used to its power and speed.
7. STIGA Supreme Performance-Level Table Tennis Racket made with ITTF Approved Rubber for Tournament Play – Features STIGA ACS for Control and Speed
This is another intermediate-level ping pong paddle which is has a quite lightweight and offers excellent flexibility to players who are looking forward to stepping up their gameplay without making many expenses. This paddle is excellent for players who play on defense, especially when it comes to facing opponents with higher power than themselves.
This unique paddle is made out of 6 layers of wood on its blade. Within this price range, most of the other paddles provide 5 layers, but here you are getting an extra layer of the blade for maximizing your gameplay skills. The Stiga Supreme has a unique Tube Technology applied to its middle layer, which facilitates faster gameplay in addition to very lightweight.
- This paddle has a unique feature of STIGA ACS, which improves the control and speed of the paddle.
- It has a speed rating of 9.0, a spin rating of 9.2, and a control rating of 8.9.
- The material of the rubber padding is ITTF approved.
- It has one of the best performance levels amongst most other paddles within this price range.
- The only drawback of using this paddle is that a lot of manual power is required, thus limiting the distance of the players from the table.
8. Killerspin JET800 Speed N1 Ping Pong Paddle – Professional Table Tennis Paddle| 7-Ply Wood/Carbon Fiber Blade, Nitrx Rubbers| Flared Handle Ping Pong Racket| Memory Book Gift Box Storage Case
This is a high-end paddle with a much higher price range, much suitable for tournaments, and great for offensive gameplay. It is one of the top choices amongst most top professional players. Even the Chinese Gold Medalist Chen Qi uses this paddle for many of his matches.
The JET 800 has 7 layers of wood applied to its blade in addition to the carbon fiber layers, which provides extra durability and return power. It is quite lightweight, which allows the user to have maximum control while using this paddle. Also, its high build quality and specially manufactured rubber provide this paddle with a much higher spin rating along with an offensive strike rate.
- This product is excellent for professional gameplay.
- The build quality is superior.
- You get a personalized memory book with the package.
- The lightweight of this paddle provides enhanced accuracy.
- This ping pong paddle is a lot expensive.
- It takes some time by the players to get used to this racket.
Therefore, you have your list of the 8 best ping pong paddles of all time from you can make your purchase accordingly. All the products mentioned in the review has all sorts of paddles for beginners, intermediates as well as professionals.
There are expensive as well as cheap ping pong paddles available for purchase in addition to high-performance rackets with tremendous power and spin rating.
It doesn’t matter what you are looking for. You are sure to find a racket for yourself which is best suited according to your requirement.