Best Welding Helmets – Prevention is better than cure. Hence, while working with metal, it is mandatory to keep a welding helmet handy. Regardless of what you are doing, framing or fabricating hot rods or fixing something, working with metal will always require you to weld something.
Welding throws burning sparks and molten metal. Hence, welding helmets are must-have equipment. It will not only keep you safe but also make the welding job easier. Welding helmets have come a long way with the growth in technology. They are very light in weight, convenient to wear, and come with high-tech facilities and even look pleasant.
Still, it is very crucial to choose the perfect helmet. We often end up spending too much money for not so good quality products.
We did our research to save you from the hassle of going through a thousand different catalogues of helmets. We made a list of welding helmets with a reasonable cost and feature balance.
Best Helmets 2021 With Features and Reviews
Below are the best welding helmets available in the market for you to choose from.
1. Lincoln Electric K3034-4 VIKING 3350 Auto Darkening Welding Helmet with 4C Lens Technology, Black
The Viking series is Lincoln Electric’s most acceptable auto-darkening welding helmet. These welding helmets are specially designed to offer comfort, versatility, and premium optics. With a 1/1/1/1 optical clarity rating and real-world colours, vision through the glass is impeccable. Everyone who bought this is very pleased with the visual quality of the welding helmet.
The optimized design helps to distribute weight across the helmet. It improves the balance and makes the helmet feel lighter. This auto-darkening welding helmet has an adapter that can be fit onto a hard hat.
The helmet series comes in a colourful styles range. They have many designs, from racing stripes to robot heads and skull designs. The helmet weighs 1.2 pounds which isn’t that on the lighter side. The extra weight comes with the large viewing area and the lass. Lincoln Electric is one of the most favourite welders of customers.
● The welding helmet has a 4C Lens technology for accurate color viewing
● It comes with auto-darkening Filter Glass
● It has a low-profile external grinding mode switch
● It can provide continuous light sensitivity control
● The viewing area is 12.5 square inches large
● Has 4 Arc Sensors
● It is a high-quality professional helmet
● Continuous light sensing: work indoors or out
● You can activate the grind mode button with gloves on
● Package includes helmet bag, bandana, five outside lenses, two inside
● Inside dials can be changed sensitivity and shade level
2. Antra Wide Shade Range 4/5-9/9-13 Auto Darkening Welding Helmet AH6-260-0000 Engineered for TIG MIG/MAG MMA Plasma Grinding, Solar-Lithium Dual Power, 6+1 Extra Lens Covers
This one is an entry-level welding helmet, but it offers some unusual features for the class. This helmet has variable shade levels from 5-13. The 17-ounce weight is a plus point.
However, the thin material means that overhead welding is not preferable with this. Molten slag might burn through the helmet.
The batteries are solar charging. The best welding helmet has certification of protection with MIG, TIG, plasma, or arc. The filter glass can protect you from UV and IR even when it is not powered up.
A lot of users have bought this helmet to replace the headgear in their expensive helmets.
It has an adjustable delay and sensitivity controls which is not usual in this price range.
● The auto-darkening welding helmet is very lightweight
● Shading is variable from 5-13
● Has solar charging feature with auto-shutoff
● Amazing headgear
● Very comfortable to use with glasses
● Reaction time is 0.00004 seconds
● Has auto-darkening filter glass
● Grind switch is super quick
● Delay and sensitivity is adjustable
● It has a large viewing area
● Double Arc Sensors
● The optical clarity class is 1/1/1/2
3. 3M Speedglas Welding Helmet 9100, 06-0100-30iSW, with Auto-Darkening Filter 9100XXi 3 Arc Sensors for MMAW TIG MIG Tack Plasma Arc Welding and Grinding Mask, 1 Each
This welding helmet has an awe-inspiring feature, and it appears green when you view your work through the glass. This is natural colours make it easy to see your work and manage the welding puddle. Welding helmets in this price range are usually made for professional welders. It is considered one of the best welding helmets for professionals.
Lithium batteries power the device. It has a grinding mode button that allows you to work with gloves. The shades are adjustable from levels 5-13. The glass lightens for you to handle chores, and it goes dark again when you need to go back to work. When the welding stops, the optics lighten up to shade 3.
The helmet has a 9100XXi option that offers two preset modes. The preset modes give you a fast selection choice for previous darkness settings. One of the most valuable features of this welding helmet is the exhaust vents. They make it easier to breathe so that it is comfortable to work in for an extended period.
● Professional-grade best welding helmet 2021
● Grab and go auto-on to help you work quickly
● It comes with external grinding mode activation
● It meets ANSI Z87.1-2010 impact standard
● The side windows are convenient
● Excellent quality of optics that makes it easier to see colours
● Includes auto-on darkening filter
● It has a 9100XXi Grinding Quick Switch
● It comes with two glass darkening memory modes
● Triple arc sensors
4. ESAB 0700000800 Sentinel A50 Welding Helmet, Black, 3.93 x 2.36 in. (100 x 60 mm) Viewing Area.
It is the best welding helmet 2021 as it single-handedly redefines the traditional welding helmet. It has a very futuristic “space warrior” look, which is very valid for the purpose. The device is streamlined, letting you work in a close thing like inside cars, cabinets, and machinery.
The curved shape of the welding helmet works amazingly to improve head coverage. The curved lens of the helmet gives you excellent peripheral vision and avoids collisions.
The ESAB welding helmet has hit a home run with its 5-point headgear. This design of the helmet features a basket shape to fit over the top of the head. The 5-point headgear makes it easy to shift the weight of the helmet in various directions. This feature comes into use during difficult welding situations.
The device is way more than its good looks. It has a high technology phone-like colour touch screen to set the shade and sensitivity.
● It has a streamlined nylon shell design.
● The headband is a Halo 5-point.
● The centralized pivot in this welding helmet provides good head clearance.
● The viewport is 3.93-inch by 2.36-inch.
● Includes colour touch screen controls
● It comes with eight separate memories.
● It has a hard hat adapter option.
● Very light in weight, it makes it comfortable to wear and work.
● The shape is very convenient for welding in cars.
5. Miller 280045 Black Digital Infinity Series Welding Helmet with Clear
If you are looking for the best welding helmet 2021, it is your go-to with the massive viewport. There is not any bigger viewport than this one in the market. The big viewport allows you to see clearly when you must fit into a tight spot and only see the work from an angle. The ClearLight Technology in the helmet gives high-definition true colour optics.
This welding helmet has four different levels of shade range.
1. In the welding mode, the shade varies from 8-13.
2. The cutting mode gives you lens shade levels from 5 to 8.
3. Grind mode is set on shade level 3.
IT comes with an X Mode that eliminates triggering in bright sunlight. X mode uses electromagnetic sensors and detects the welding arc. It does not use light sensors so that it can eliminate the triggering problems.
The InfoTrack timing record program, a help menu, and a 3-year warranty make this one of the best welding helmets you can find in this price range.
● The welding helmet has an auto turn on and shuts off feature.
● Has the biggest viewport in the market
● Multiple modes like Weld, Cut, Grind, and X-Mode
● Exciting 3-year True Blue warranty
● It has four separate arc sensors
● The x-mode in the welding helmet can eliminate sunlight triggering.
● With the large viewport, you can see your work at an angle.
● Headgear is very comfortable, makes it easy to wear
● Includes an LCD screen for adjustments
● It comes with a ClearLight true colour filter
6. YESWELDER Panoramic 180 View Auto Darkening Welding Helmet with Side View, True Color Highest Optical 1/1/1/1, 4 Arc Sensor Wide Shade 4/5-9/9-13 with Grinding for TIG MIG MMA Plasma
This is one of the top-notch welding helmets in 2021 because of its panoramic view. It has an efficient design that features one sizeable forward-facing viewport and two on the side. With it, you can get a wide-angle view with a nearly 180-degree view angle. The Yeswelder welding helmet has a 1/1/1/1 optical quality for reduced eye fatigue.
Yes welder added six light sensors in this one, so the auto dark system never gets shadowed. For a more realistic view, it has true colour technology. This comes in a compact design with enough curvature to deflect impact. However, this auto-darkening welding helmet does not look conventional at all.
This helmet comes with headgear that all the users have said is super comfortable.
● The viewing area is 14.8 square inch
● Has inside control setting
● True color display
● It has a great solid construction
● It fits perfectly even into tight areas
● The panoramic view is 180 degree
● The side viewports are Auto-darkening
● Viewports can get darken on their own
● It comes with 6 auto darkening sensors
7. YESWELDER Large Viewing Screen 3.94″X3.66″ True Color Solar Power Auto Darkening Welding Helmet, 4 Arc Sensor Wide Shade 4~5/9-9/13 for TIG MIG Arc Weld Grinding Welder Mask LYG-M800H
With this auto-darkening welding helmet, you get headgear with an oversized comfort cushion. It provides extensive adjustability and settings. Also, there is excellent quality improved support for giving you maximum support and a comfortable working experience.
It is relatively lightweight at 2.2 pounds, and the True Color technology allows you to see more and better. Inside the package comes a Welding helmet, an adjustable headgear, two replacement Lens and one extra battery. The battery in this welding helmet is solar chargeable. It is an excellent option for professionals as well as hobbyists.
● It is excellent For TIG MIG MMA, Plasma Applications with Grinding features.
● It has a super large viewing of size 3.93″X3.66.”
● It comes with 4 Premium Sensors
● Amazing optical clarity,
● True colour view – 1/1/1/2
● Increased battery life to last longer
● The pivot style headgear provides excellent comfort
Things to consider while buying the best welding machine
While you are choosing a welding helmet to buy, the most critical factors to look for would be the coverage and fitting.
If you are not sure how to pick the correct one, here is a checklist of things to consider.
● Weight: A heavy helmet causes pain in the neck. Choose something light
● Coverage: It must cover your neck, ears, face and head.
● Auto-darkening: It should have adjustable sensitivity and shade levels.
● Filter glass: Shade level is preferably higher than 10.
● Comfort: It should be comfortable to wear. The headgear needs pads
● Viewport size: To avoid collisions, you have to see clearly
● The helmet has to meet safety standard ANSI Z87.1
To conclude, try to balance the features against quality, materials, and price. Do not fall for futuristic style and impractical shapes. You can always paint it or modify it to make it unique. Go through the reviews and the checklist, and you will be able to pick the best welding helmet for you.