Best Wireless Home Intercom Systems – Any tech-loving homeowner for today’s generation would know that home automation is the new way of the future.
Adding various technological advancements to your home, be it in the form of audio, video or even a full-on robot, would make your everyday task easier and less burdensome. Even installing automatic home security measures is something that would make your house look quite different whenever it is compared with other homes.
Even having a home-based business where you require the need for communication to various floors without the need to leave your workspace is quite savvy for an automated home.
Thus, the need for home intercom services for this would be quite helpful when it comes to communicating amongst various other family members in the home. This guide will help you to choose amongst the Best Wireless Home Intercom Systems available in the market when it comes to choosing from the tons of wireless intercom likewise.
Best Wireless Home Intercom Systems
1. Echo Show (2nd Gen) – Premium sound and a vibrant 10.1” HD screen – Charcoal
If you are looking for one of the Best Wireless Home Intercom Systems then Amazon’s Echo Show would be the product for you to consider. It has both audio and video intercom features but that is not all. You can even connect this wireless intercom to Amazon’s Alexa thus activating the calling facility to other users within the home and also around the world.
You can even access the internet, update your shopping list, play games and even control other smart devices located within your home. And all of these can be done just by using your voice. If you are unable to use your hands at the moment or you are unable to reach the actual station where the intercom is located, voice-activated technology is a great option to consider!
- The 10.1 inches screen is completely HD.
- It can be used for various activities throughout the house.
- It has high-quality speakers.
2. Hosmart 1/2 Mile Long Range 10-Channel Security Wireless Intercom System for Home or Office[4 Units Black]
This is a budget-friendly audio-only intercom system for home which only costs $40 for a single station. It has a range of 0.5 miles with 7 available channels.
If you purchase 3 or more stations, then the number of channels can be increased up to 10 channels. The excellent audio quality in addition to its range and reliability is trustworthy when it comes to its usage capability.
- The device has a long-range.
- It has a 10 channel secured wireless system.
- The device also allows the group call function.
3. Wireless Intercom System, SAMCOM FTAN20A 20 Channels 3 Code Security Ultra-thin Room to Room Intercom with Display Screen 1000FT Long Range for Home and Office
If you are looking for a wireless intercom that will grow in accordance with your requirement, then the SAMCOM FTAN20A, which allows 20 channels to be used at a time, is what you need. If your house is large and you require a lot of stations throughout your house then this is the device you should purchase without any second thought. Even if you do not require the need for an extension for your intercom device, this intercom system is worth the investment.
It has the feature of individual as well as group calling function which allows various users to speak at once. A digital display shows the caller which channel he or she is calling. It has a range of 1000 feet, which however might be an issue for some users. The lifetime warranty provided by the company is really helpful thus providing peace of mind for the consumer.
- This device is very durable.
- It is odorless.
- It is very easy to use.
4. Calford Technology Ltd BCHLA4 Digital 3-Channel FM Wireless Intercom System for Home and Office, 2-Station, Multi
This is a very simple and basic wireless intercom that does not even have a high price tag attached to it. It only costs around $65 and that too for two stations. It does exactly what a basic intercom system would do that is talk from one station to another.
This device is great for users who are not very comfortable with advanced technology. Thus, its simple setup and usage make it a perfect intercom system for home which is only designed to allow simple talk. If you are looking for the most basic intercom device in the market, then this would be the perfect device for you. The device is also user-friendly and can be used right after unboxing.
- It has a secure digital communication.
- The speakers attached to the stations are of good quality.
- It can support up to 10 channels at a time.
5. Ring Video Doorbell 2 with HD Video, Motion Activated Alerts, Easy Installation
A video doorbell is an amazing piece of technology that provides security in addition to a flawless intercom service. The Ring Video Doorbell 2 is one of the most standard and easy to use a piece of equipment when compared against all other products in the market. This doorbell can be customized completely in accordance with the homeowners. It also provides audio as well as video connectivity between your smartphone and the front door of your house.
You can view who is at the door from your smartphone and thus respond to them accordingly. You can even connect the Ring Video Doorbell 2 to Echo Show, Echo Dot or any other speaker for a more versatile and wide application of this doorbell. You will always be notified through your smartphone about the various activities which happen to be going around your home, thus making this device a perfect option for people who are away from their homes for long periods. Also, if any sort of motion is detected, you are sent the necessary alert likewise.
The device is quite expensive when it comes to purchasing the same. However, if you have a complex home setup, it is worth the investment. It even requires a stable Wi-Fi connection which makes it less secure than most other products in the market.
- The doorbell has both wireless and wired capabilities.
- It can even be connected with Amazon Alexa.
- The video on the feedback system is displayed at 1080P HD.
6. TekeyTBox 1800 Ft. Long Range 10-Channel Digital FM Wireless Intercom System
The TekeyTBox is another budget-friendly wireless intercom, home intercom system that costs only around $55 for 2 stations. It has a range of 1800 feet which is sufficient enough for most houses. Although, some users have reported issues with larger houses or various things that might eventually interfere with its signal.
The device can be connected with 10 channels and can be used for individual as well as group calls all around the home. The battery capacity is not that great and it is advised that the user should always have a backup power source. The device cannot be carried anywhere since it is a bit larger.
- The device provides a long range of connectivity with multi-channel usage.
- It has group call functionality.
- The product comes with anti-interference signal technology.
7. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Monitor
It is not quite a home intercom system but instead, it is a two-way audio communication and one-way video communication system which is ideal for use in a child’s room or a home office. It a stand-alone system thus making the whole connection between the receivers secure.
The camera can be moved according to the users’ needs and is helpful when it comes to a large room. The users can even add additional cameras to the system and even attach a wide-angle lens if required. The monitor which provides the video is portable and can be moved around the house without any hassle. The product also has its unique night vision mode which would allow you to view the respective room at night.
- The direction of the camera attached in the room can be remotely controlled.
- The lens attached to the camera is interchangeable.
- The product comes with a DXR-8 monitor.
8. Wuloo Intercoms 5280 ft. Range 10 Channel 3 Code Wireless Intercom System
If you are looking for a long-range intercom device in the market then this is it for you! It has an amazing range of 5280 feet which is practically less but still proves to be one of the Best Wireless Home Intercom Systems when it comes to its working capability. A house with 3-storey along with basements causes no connectivity issue when using the same. Also, the device provides a connection up to 10 channels as well as a secure connection within its system.
This is a budget-friendly intercom device that only costs around $140 for 4 stations and provides effective communication for a large property. It can be mounted on a wall, without any hassle, and it is completely wireless. Also, the company provides excellent customer service so there is no need to worry if you face any technical issue with this device.
- This is one of the best budget-friendly devices available in the market.
- It has an excellent range of 5280 feet.
- It is very effective and efficient for homes, offices, and businesses.
9. Optex IVPDH IVision+ Wireless Intercom with Video
This intercom device allows the users to see and hear what is going on in their houses daily. Also, the camera unit is often used as a doorbell, which seemingly has weather-resistant features, making it the perfect choice for outdoor use.
This device lets you see and talk to the person standing at your door without the need for you to open or even let the person in your home. Thus, it is a great option to consider when it comes to good security measures.
- This is a great intercom device for managing business and also for homes.
- It has integrated OPTEX wireless 2000 system.
- The package also comes with a handheld wireless unit.
10. LaView Wireless Video Doorbell
Video doorbell units are becoming more popular with the advancement in technology. Therefore, when it comes to the LaView Wireless Video Doorbell, it provides a lot of features at a lower price point, when compared with others.
The device also has an in-built peephole camera along with a handheld monitor. You can easily see, hear and talk to those who are at your door. If any motion is detected at your houses’ door then the device triggers an alarm and a notification is sent over to your smartphone accordingly.
- The intercom device has an LED touch screen.
- It is completely wireless.
- It has the feature of two-way audio along with night vision.
11. Samcom FPCN10A GMRS Walkie Talkie
If you are looking for something unusual then this is the product for you. It is one of the great walkie-talkie systems available in the market of the wireless home intercom system. It provides the same functionality as that of an intercom system.
These devices usually have long battery life and can go on for long periods without any problem. The Samcom FPCN10A can be connected to 20 channels at a time and also has a 2-3 mile range. It has a weather coating on it so the device can be used in harsh weather conditions without any problem.
- It has a rechargeable battery of capacity 3000 mAH.
- It is a multi-purpose device.
- It has a very good range of connectivity.
12. Hosmart 1500 ft. Wireless Doorbell Intercom System
This is the simplest intercom system that one can ever come across. Consists of only two buttons namely, push-to-talk and a call button.
- It is a simple device with only two receivers.
- It can be used in harsh weather conditions for outdoor usage.
- It has a dynamic range of 1500 feet.
13. Guardline Wireless Intercom System
This is quite a unique and futuristic looking intercom system where the company promises that its setup can be done in under 2 minutes of unpacking the device.
The device has a decent range of 500 feet, which is enough for small offices and homes.
- The setup can be done easily and quickly without any hassle.
- It can be used for various purposes.
- This intercom device is portable and expandable.
14. Qniglo Wireless Intercom System 10 Channel ½ Mile Long Range
This is another audio-only intercom device on this list. It can connect up to 9 channels at a time and has a range of 1800 feet. it is, however, non-portable because of the need for a wall plug-in mandatory for this device to work.
Some users have reported cases where the device got dropped due to some reason but still works fine, therefore, making it one of the most durable intercom stations of all time. The company provides a warranty of 18 months and 45 days money-back guarantee.
- The device can be connected with 9 channels at a time.
- It has an LCD screen for various notifications.
- The signal range provided is of 1800 feet.
15. Ruise Wireless Intercom System Secure Interphone Handsets
This is a wireless intercom system but is dependent on handsets that are otherwise wired to the base making it difficult to operate sometimes. It isn’t quite portable unless you are comfortable carrying a wired phone-style handset all around your home.
Being such a simple device, it still costs around $142 for 3 stations which makes it a bit expensive when compared to other products available in the market. This is a good and reliable intercom system that people with a taste for old-school devices can opt-in for.
- The product comes along with a built-in rechargeable battery.
- The range provided is 800 meters.
- It has the feature of the anti-interference signal.
Intercom System Buying Guide
What makes a home intercom system great?
A wireless intercom system is a product that allows effective communication between individuals inside homes or offices likewise.
Now you would ask, why someone couldn’t just call the other person over the telephone. Well, the whole situation would be impractical and if you have a home-based business or a small office, you would want things to be professional during working hours.
Also, intercom services are becoming quite popular with the advancement of technology, so why not consider an investment which will not be causing any sort of disruptive environment for your home as well as your offices?
One of the biggest issues about wireless intercom devices is security.
If your devices are connected to a properly installed and secure Wi-Fi connection, then your system is safe.
However, if you want to take the security to the next level, then there are various products available which work on encrypted channels to communicate with each other. Thus, stand-alone systems are the most secure options which you can consider if you are looking for maximum security.
Wireless intercom systems do not need any constant power source to keep working. However, the last thing you want to see is “low power” alert popping up on the receivers. Thus, you can charge the system overnight so the same can be used hassle-free throughout the following day.
Home intercom systems can be stand-alone or some even have the feature of connecting to various devices and systems throughout your home for ease of accessibility which includes additional security measures and effective communication.
Check More – Best Dryer Vent Cleaning Kit
Tips on Choosing the Best Intercom System
Some of the features you would want to consider before purchasing the best intercom system are as follows:
- Multiple Channels: Multiple channels let the users call or receive an individual over on the entire system. Often, offices and large homes require this feature for various private communications likewise.
- Long Range: If your office or home is very huge or is a remote building then you would want to consider a system that has a strong and effective connectivity range.
- Connectivity with other devices: A stand-alone system is always the best choice if you are looking for maximum security. However, some of the new products in the market allow connectivity to various devices such as speakers and lets the user control various smart devices and smartphones. This is one of the least secure ways to use an intercom system but maybe that is you are looking forward to!
- Night vision: The night mode is quite effective when it comes to monitoring an elder person or a sleeping baby in a dark room.
Home intercom systems are the modern way of home automation. Whether you need this device for increasing your home’s security, or check on a baby or an elderly person or just to communicate amongst your family members during the day.
It is very easy to install and use likewise. Also, while purchasing an intercom system, make sure that you consider what features you are looking forward to before eventually investing.
Intercom System FAQs
1. What is the need for a wireless intercom?
Wireless intercom devices are more reliable and easy to install. These wireless devices have more advantages than their disadvantages when compared to hard-wired systems.
2. Do walls and pillars limit the range of a wireless intercom device?
Any obstacle within the range of a wireless intercom device would affect its connectivity. The extent of its range’s limitation would eventually be dependent upon the material of which the wall or pillar made from.
3. Will a wireless intercom system interfere with a Wi-Fi connection?
The intercom device does not work as the same 2.4G frequency as your Wi-Fi connection. Thus, there shouldn’t be any connectivity issue when it comes to using the same.