Nail Gun Do’s and Don’ts – Correctly using a nail gun is mandatory when it comes to finishing your job as quickly as possible. However, if you fail to do so, you might get into some problem while using this sophisticated tool with your workpiece.
Thus, before starting with your new project, make sure that you go through these do’s and don’ts so that you can safely use the product you have purchased without much hassle.
Things you should “Do”
Purchase a Complete Sequential Firing Mode Nail Gun
A complete sequential trigger is the safest amongst all nails guns available in the market. Using a contact trigger might make you work fast but there are chances that you might injure yourself or others in the process.
Understanding the Safety Measures
Some of the basic safety measures you would want to consider before using a nail gun are as follows:
- The working mechanism of the nail gun and its different trigger types.
- The most common causes of a nail injury.
- How to load a nail gun properly in addition to operating the same.
- How to make the tool work in various positions.
- What needs to be done when your nail gun starts to malfunction?
Always go through the User Manual provided with the Product
Make sure that before start off with any project, go through the user manual provided with the package so that you properly understand the working mechanism of the tool. ‘
Inspect the Nail Gun before using it
Before starting with any project, check the power source and the nail gun itself so that you can be sure that each of them is in a proper working condition. Also, if your gun malfunctions during the checking process, do not use it.
Keep your hand out of harm’s way
Make sure that you have a safe distance of 12 inches from your hand while working with the tool.
When should you disconnect the equipment?
- Moving with the nail gun.
- Removing a jammed nail.
- Whenever you are doing maintenance with the tool.
- Never keep your nail gun unattended. If you are done with a job, pack up the equipment and make sure that it is kept safely out of harm’s way.
Always wear safety equipment
- Ensure that you have the required eye protection all the time whilst using a nail gun.
- Wear earplugs for hearing protection.
- Wear safety shoes to protect your feet.
Things you should “Don’t”
- Do not try to disable any safety features while working with this product. This would eventually increase the risk during its operation likewise.
- Never move with the tool with your finger on the trigger.
- Never work with your non-dominant hand while operating the product.
- Never pull on the nail gun with from the hose.
Are you planning to Buy Nail Gun Check this – Best Nail Gun Reviews
Safety should always be your top priority
Nail guns are quite an amazing piece of equipment to work with when it comes to various jobs. If used properly, they are safe. These products are much safer than nailing by hand.
Thus, ensure that you go through the necessary safety protocols so that you do not cause any injury to yourself as well as others.